1-877-NC-KIRAN | 24 hour confidential assistance
To apply for Medicaid, people have three options:
- You may apply online at epass.nc.gov.
- You may mail applications to: Wake County Human Services, P.O. Box 46833, Raleigh, N.C. 27620.
- You may apply by calling 919-212-7000.
Medicaid questions can be emailed to FCMAintake@wakegov.com.
Mental Health Care
Food and Nutrition Services
To apply for food and nutrition services, people may:
- Apply online at epass.nc.gov.
- Mail applications to: Wake County Human Services, P.O. Box 46833, Raleigh, N.C. 27620
Questions related to Food and Nutrition Services can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you need to speak to your case worker, call 919-212-7000. Or Text FOODNC to 877-877 to receive updates or visit: No Kid Hungry
- Food Distribution Sites
- Capital Area Food Network
- Inter-Faith Food Shuttle
- Food Bank of Central and Eastern North Carolina
Most utility providers are not currently disconnecting service during the COVID-19 outbreak. However, you can obtain an application for energy assistance by calling 919-212-7000 or downloading an application here.
To apply for assistance with childcare costs, email email@example.com. Questions about childcare subsidy can be answered by calling 919-212-7000.
RESOURCES FOR ELDER VICTIMS
Signs of Physical Abuse
- Broken bones, bruises, and welts
- Untreated bed sores
- Torn, stained, or bloody underclothing
- Sexually transmitted diseases without clear explanations
- Dirtiness, poor nutrition, or dehydration
- Poor living conditions
- Lack of medical aids [glasses, walker, teeth, hearing aid, or medications]
- Over/under medicated
Signs of Emotional & Behavioral Abuse
- Unusual changes in behavior or sleep
- Fear or anxiety
- Isolation from friends or family
- Withdrawal from normal activities
Signs of Financial abuse
- Unusual changes in a bank account or money management services
- Unusual or sudden changes in a will or other financial documents
- Fraudulent signatures on financial documents
- Unpaid bills
Reporting Adult/Elder Abuse
Report suspected abuse in the community to the local Adult Protective Services agency, and report suspected abuse in a nursing home or long-term care facility to the local Long-Term Care Ombudsman Program. For serious and immediate emergencies, call 9-1-1.
- Adult Protective Services - 336-641-3347 Toll Free (1-800-662-7030)
- Local Law Enforcement - 336-373-2222
- Long-Term Care Ombudsman - 336-904-0300
- Senior Legal Helpline Free legal help for North Carolinians aged 60 years or older Toll-free: 1-877-579-7562 Monday - Friday: 9-11 a.m. & 1-3 p.m.
For reporting numbers outside of your area:
If the elder lives in another state, call the protective services agency where the elder lives. To connect to a local or state reporting number, contact the Eldercare Locator at eldercare.acl.gov or at 1-800-677-1116 M-F 9AM – 8PM ET