1-877-NC-KIRAN | 24 hour confidential assistance

Hero Banner



To apply for Medicaid, people have three options:

  • You may apply online at
  • You may mail applications to: Wake County Human Services, P.O. Box 46833, Raleigh, N.C. 27620.
  • You may apply by calling 919-212-7000.

Medicaid questions can be emailed to

Mental Health Care

Food Assistance
Food and Nutrition Services

To apply for food and nutrition services, people may:

  • Apply online at
  • Mail applications to: Wake County Human Services, P.O. Box 46833, Raleigh, N.C. 27620

Questions related to Food and Nutrition Services can be emailed to If you need to speak to your case worker, call 919-212-7000. Or Text FOODNC to 877-877 to receive updates or visit: No Kid Hungry

More Resources

Financial Assistance



Signs of Physical Abuse
  • Broken bones, bruises, and welts
  • Untreated bed sores
  • Torn, stained, or bloody underclothing
  • Sexually transmitted diseases without clear explanations
  • Dirtiness, poor nutrition, or dehydration
  • Poor living conditions
  • Lack of medical aids [glasses, walker, teeth, hearing aid, or medications]
  • Over/under medicated
Signs of Emotional & Behavioral Abuse
  • Unusual changes in behavior or sleep
  • Fear or anxiety
  • Isolation from friends or family
  • Withdrawal from normal activities
  • Sadness
Signs of Financial abuse
  • Unusual changes in a bank account or money management services
  • Unusual or sudden changes in a will or other financial documents
  • Fraudulent signatures on financial documents
  • Unpaid bills

Reporting Adult/Elder Abuse

Report suspected abuse in the community to the local Adult Protective Services agency, and report suspected abuse in a nursing home or long-term care facility to the local Long-Term Care Ombudsman Program. For serious and immediate emergencies, call 9-1-1.

  • Adult Protective Services - 336-641-3347 Toll Free (1-800-662-7030)
  • Local Law Enforcement - 336-373-2222
  • Long-Term Care Ombudsman - 336-904-0300
  • Senior Legal Helpline Free legal help for North Carolinians aged 60 years or older Toll-free: 1-877-579-7562 Monday - Friday: 9-11 a.m. & 1-3 p.m.
For reporting numbers outside of your area:

If the elder lives in another state, call the protective services agency where the elder lives. To connect to a local or state reporting number, contact the Eldercare Locator at or at 1-800-677-1116 M-F 9AM – 8PM ET